Buildings & Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Department is responsible for approximately 415,000 square feet of building space across five facilities. This includes cleaning, regular maintenance, snow removal, overseeing construction work, and complying with all New York State Education Department health and safety regulations.
Our team of professionals work proudly to clean and maintain our facilities so that they are great places to learn and work.
District Wide Safety Plan
The District-Wide Safety Plan is currently available for review to the public. Please contact the Buildings & Grounds Dept. at 845-858-3211 to schedule an appointment for viewing the document.
- Fire Inspections
Notice is hereby given that the annual inspection for the 2020-2021 School Year of the Port Jervis City School District and ASK, HBE, PJMS, and PJHS school buildings for fire hazards which might endanger the lives of students, teachers, employees therein, has been completed and the report thereof is available at the Buildings & Grounds Office at 20 Route 209, Port Jervis, NY for inspection by all interested persons.
- Pesticide Use
The Port Jervis School District is required by law to maintain a list of faculty, staff, and persons in parental relation who wish to receive forty-eight (48) hour prior written notification of pesticide applications at relevant facilities. Learn More Pesticide Application
- Asbestos Management
In accordance with the EPA Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act, the Port Jervis School District has an asbestos management plan in place to identify and manage asbestos building materials. Learn More about Abestos Management
- Water Testing Information
- Water Testing - ASK Letter
- Testing Results (5/31) - ASK - Report
- Water Testing - HBE Letter
- Testing Results (5/24) - HBE - Report
- Water Testing - PJMS Letter
- Testing Results (5/24) - PJMS - Report
- Testing Results (5/24) - Glennette Field (MS) - Report
- Water Testing - PJHS Letter
- Testing Results (5/31) - High School - Report
- Testing Results (5/31) - Concession Stand (HS) - Report
- Testing Results (5/31) - Concession Stand (HS) Rev 1 - Report
Director of Facilities III
20 Route 209
Port Jervis, NY 12771
858-3100, Ext. 17501/17502
Lynn Hendershot, Ext. 17501
Part-Time Clerk Typist
Catherine Cosmo Ext. 17502