Registration OfficeRed Modular in front of Anna S Kuhl Elementary School
Route 209 Complex
Port Jervis, NY 12771
PHONE: 845-858-3100, Ext.16601
Hours:Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
ONLY Monday & Friday mornings, 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Welcome to the Port Jervis School District!
This website contains information of interest to families who are relocating to Port Jervis, Deerpark, or one of the other communities served by the Port Jervis City School District.
New Student Registration
Port Jervis, NY - New Student Registration for Port Jervis Schools has returned to the Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) building, located behind Anna S. Kuhl Elementary School. Student Registration hours are 8:00 am – 11:00 am, Monday through Friday. For questions, call 845-858-3100, ext. 16601.
New Student Registration
To register, children must be 5 years of age or older on or before December 1 of the current school year. The Port Jervis School District must be the child's actual and only residence.
Required Documents - Please Bring When Registering
- Proof of Residency: (Two of the following must be presented)
A Post Office Box is not an acceptable address.
- Homeowners - A current tax bill or mortgage statement (your names and address must appear on the bill) and two other proofs of address (license, utility bill, etc.)
- Renters - A copy of the signed lease agreement with the term listed, and two other proofs of address.
- Renters, without a lease - Must complete the landlord affidavit, have it notarized, & submit two additional proofs of physical address.
- Proof of Birth & Immunization
- Birth Certificate or other satisfactory evidence of age.
- Proof of Immunization (with official stamp or signature of health care provider)
- Additional Documents are Needed in these Circumstances
- Custody issues – Please provide appropriate documentation.
- Special needs – Please bring a copy of I.E.P.
When registering a student, the following forms must be completed. The forms can be downloaded in advance and brought with you to registration.
- Information for Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Registration Packet
- Affidavit - Select appropriate form
- Affidavit of Property Owner/Landlord
Please note the above open in ".pdf" format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to download and print. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, you can get a free copy from the Adobe Web Site.