Welcome to Hamilton Bicentennial Elementary School
A Message from Principal, Jared Kahmar
WELCOME TO THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR!
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome new students and returning students!
As we settle into the new year, we will have several academic initiatives to focus on. They include:
- Focusing on developing our school as a Professional Learning Community. You will hear a lot about this concept in the coming years as it will help us navigate all of our academic initiatives. Professional Learning Communities are committed to enhancing student learning and implementing best teaching practices.
- Maintaining and improving our attendance rate.
- Implementing a rigorous writing curriculum to complement and balance our current literacy program.
- Providing extensive professional development for our staff to strengthen best practices in the planning and delivery of instruction.
- Connecting our students and families to our HBE community. Strengthening those bonds will help us to achieve our goals of increased student learning and performance.
HBE is now celebrating 40 years of excellence. Our building opened in the 1975-1976 school year and we will be promoting and celebrating our great tradition throughout the year. I look forward to working with our students and families while continuing the HBE legacy of success and excellence.
Please contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great year! Great Habits Make Great Leaders, Go HBE and Go PORT!