Board of Education
Introducing our New Paperless Board Agenda/Meeting Program: BoardDocs
TO ACCESS ALL BOARD AGENDAS, MINUTES OR VIDEOS FROM ANY MEETING, STARTING WITH THE JANUARY 9, 2018 MEETING, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
- Click on the link: http://www.boarddocs.com/ny/pjcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Click on the "Featured" Meeting. If wishing to access prior meeting(s), click the "+" sign next to the current year. Click on the meeting you wish to view.
- Choose your option: View Agenda, View Minutes or View Video.
The Port Jervis City School District, in partnership with our community, has an uncompromising commitment to measurably improve student achievement and prepare students to be productive and responsible life-long learners, ready to meet the challenges of citizenship in our ever-changing global society.
About the Board
The Port Jervis Board of Education is comprised of nine unsalaried local citizens who serve three-year terms. Members are elected by the voters in our district to establish policy and direct the administration of our schools. As your representatives, the Board exercises the community's rights to citizen control over public education.
2020-2021 Board of Education Members
Board Elected Terms
The Port Jervis Board of Education is comprised of nine unsalaried local citizens who serve three-year terms. Members are elected by the voters in our district to establish policy and direct the administration of our schools.
Term Expires 2021
- Debbie Lasch
- Reyes Torres
- Linda Van Horn
All Board meetings are open to the public. Port Jervis residents are encouraged to attend the regular meetings, which are generally held twice monthly on Tuesday evenings in the high school cafeteria. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., immediately after a 6:30 p.m. executive session.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
The 2020-2021 Board meeting schedule is listed below. Agendas are added to the online schedule the Friday prior to the regularly-scheduled meetings.
In accordance with the NYS Open Meetings Law, documents scheduled to be discussed at a Board meeting, such as proposed resolutions and policies, are available to the public. The documents are linked to the online agenda. Printed copies of the agenda are also available at the Board meetings. Minutes are posted within two weeks of the Board meeting.
- June 26: Special Board Meeting
- July 1: Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Board Officers
- July 21: Board Meeting
- August 11: Board Meeting/Adoption of Tax Warrant
- September 1: Board Meeting
- September 15: Board Meeting
- October 6: Board Meeting
- October 20: Board Meeting
- November 10: Board Meeting
- December 15: Board Meeting
- January 19: Board Meeting/Rollover Budget Workshop
- February 9: Principal & Building Presentations/Board Meeting
- February 23: Budget Workshop
- March 2: Board Meeting/Budget Update
- March 16: Board Meeting
- April 6: Budget Workshop
- April 13: Board Meeting/Board Adopts Proposed Budget for the 2021-2022 School Year
- April 22: Tenure Reception/BOCES Budget Vote
- May 4: Public Budget Hearing/Board Meeting
- May 19: Canvass of the Vote/Board Meeting
- June 1: Retiree Reception/Board Meeting
- June 15: Board Meeting