Board of Education
The Port Jervis City School District, in partnership with our community, has an uncompromising commitment to measurably improve student achievement and prepare students to be productive and responsible life-long learners, ready to meet the challenges of citizenship in our ever-changing global society.
About the Board
The Port Jervis Board of Education is comprised of nine unsalaried local citizens who serve three-year terms. Members are elected by the voters in our district to establish policy and direct the administration of our schools. As your representatives, the Board exercises the community's rights to citizen control over public education.
2018-2019 Board of Education Members
Board Elected Terms
The Port Jervis Board of Education is comprised of nine unsalaried local citizens who serve three-year terms. Members are elected by the voters in our district to establish policy and direct the administration of our schools.
Term Expires 2019
- Brian Dewey
- Tanya Parker-Hughes
- Robert Witherow
Term Expires 2020
- Judith Amato
- Joan McBride
- Florence Santini
Term Expires 2021
- Debbie Lasch
- Reyes Torres
- Linda Van Horn
All Board meetings are open to the public. Port Jervis residents are encouraged to attend the regular meetings, which are generally held twice monthly on Tuesday evenings in the high school cafeteria. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., immediately after a 6:30 p.m. executive session.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
The 2018-19 Board meeting schedule is listed below. Agendas are added to the online schedule the Friday prior to the regularly-scheduled meetings.
In accordance with the NYS Open Meetings Law, documents scheduled to be discussed at a Board meeting, such as proposed resolutions and policies, are available to the public. The documents are linked to the online agenda. Printed copies of the agenda are also available at the Board meetings. Minutes are posted within two weeks of the Board meeting.
2018-19 Meeting Schedule
- July 3, 2018 - Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Officers
- July 17, 2018 - Board Meeting
- August 14, 2018 - Adopt Tax Warrant & Last Minute Appointments
- September 4, 2018 - Board Meeting
- September 18, 2018 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- October 2, 2018 - Board Meeting
- October 16, 2018 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- November 13, 2018 - Board Meeting
- December 11, 2018 - Board Meeting
- January 8, 2019 - Board Meeting
- January 22, 2019 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- February 5, 2019 - Board Meeting
- February 19, 2019 - Board Meeting/Workshop - This Meeting has been Cancelled. CLICK HERE TO SEE NOTICE.
- March 5, 2019 - Board Meeting
- March 19, 2019 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- April 2, 2019 - Board Adopts Proposed Budget for the 2019-2020 School year
- April 23, 2019 - Special Meeting - Executive Session Only. CLICK HERE TO SEE NOTICE.
- April 25, 2019 (Thursday) - BOCES Budget Vote
- May 7, 2019 - Public Budget Hearing
- May 22, 2019 (Wednesday) - Canvass of the Vote and Regular Meeting
- June 4, 2019 - Board Meeting
- June 18, 2019 - Board Meeting