Board of Education
The Port Jervis City School District, in partnership with our community, has an uncompromising commitment to measurably improve student achievement and prepare students to be productive and responsible life-long learners, ready to meet the challenges of citizenship in our ever-changing global society.
About the Board
The Port Jervis Board of Education is comprised of nine unsalaried local citizens who serve three-year terms. Members are elected by the voters in our district to establish policy and direct the administration of our schools. As your representatives, the Board exercises the community's rights to citizen control over public education.
2019-2020 Board of Education Members
Back row: Supt. Mike Rydell, Kayla Finan, Judy Amato, Rey Torres, ASI Nick Pantaleone, ASB Joe Lenz
Front row: Linda VanHorn, Flo Santini (Vice-President), Debbie Lasch (President), Tanya Parker-Hughes, Joan McBride Not pictured: Brian Dewey
Board Elected Terms
The Port Jervis Board of Education is comprised of nine unsalaried local citizens who serve three-year terms. Members are elected by the voters in our district to establish policy and direct the administration of our schools.
Term Expires 2020
- Judith Amato
- Joan McBride
- Florence Santini
Term Expires 2021
- Debbie Lasch
- Reyes Torres
- Linda Van Horn
All Board meetings are open to the public. Port Jervis residents are encouraged to attend the regular meetings, which are generally held twice monthly on Tuesday evenings in the high school cafeteria. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., immediately after a 6:30 p.m. executive session.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
The 2019-2020 Board meeting schedule is listed below. Agendas are added to the online schedule the Friday prior to the regularly-scheduled meetings.
In accordance with the NYS Open Meetings Law, documents scheduled to be discussed at a Board meeting, such as proposed resolutions and policies, are available to the public. The documents are linked to the online agenda. Printed copies of the agenda are also available at the Board meetings. Minutes are posted within two weeks of the Board meeting.
2019-2020 Meeting Schedule
- July 2, 2019 - Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Board Officers NOTICE OF CHANGE OF LOCATION
- July 16, 2019 - Board Meeting
- July 30, 2019 - Board Retreat\Executive Session
- August 13, 2019 - Board Meeting/Adoption Tax Warrant
- August 20, 2019 - Board Retreat\Executive Session
- September 3, 2019 - Board Meeting
- September 17, 2019 - Board Meeting
- October 1, 2019 - Board Meeting
- October 15, 2019 - Board Meeting
- November 12, 2019 - Board Meeting
- December 10, 2019 - Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Board Officers NOTICE OF CHANGE OF TIME
- January 21, 2020 - Board Meeting/Rollover Budget Workshop
- February 11, 2020 - Building Presentations/Board Meeting
- February 25, 2020 - Budget Workshop
- March 3, 2020 - Board Meeting/Budget Update
- March 11, 2020 - Capital Project Vote (7AM - 9PM)
- March 12, 2020 - Canvass of Capital Project Vote
- March 17, 2020 - Regular Board Meeting
- March 17, 2020 - Special Conditions of Meeting
April 7, 2020March 31, 2020 - Budget Workshop
- April 14, 2020 - Board Meeting/Board Adopts Proposed Budget for the 2020-2021 School Year
- April 23, 2020 (Thursday) - Tenure Reception/BOCES Budget Vote
- May 5, 2020 - Public Budget Hearing/Board Meeting
- May 20, 2020 (Wednesday) - Canvass of the Vote/Board Meeting
- June 2, 2020 - Retiree Reception/Board Meeting
- June 16, 2020 - Board Meeting