All Board meetings are open to the public. Port Jervis residents are encouraged to attend the regular meetings, which are generally held twice monthly on Tuesday evenings in the high school cafeteria. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., immediately after a 6:30 p.m. executive session.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
The 2018-19 Board meeting schedule is listed below. Agendas are added to the online schedule the Friday prior to the regularly-scheduled meetings.
In accordance with the NYS Open Meetings Law, documents scheduled to be discussed at a Board meeting, such as proposed resolutions and policies, are available to the public. The documents are linked to the online agenda. Printed copies of the agenda are also available at the Board meetings. Minutes are posted within two weeks of the Board meeting.
2018-19 Meeting Schedule
- July 3, 2018 - Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Officers
- July 17, 2018 - Board Meeting
- August 14, 2018 - Adopt Tax Warrant & Last Minute Appointments
- September 4, 2018 - Board Meeting
- September 18, 2018 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- October 2, 2018 - Board Meeting
- October 16, 2018 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- November 13, 2018 - Board Meeting
- December 11, 2018 - Board Meeting
- January 8, 2019 - Board Meeting
- January 22, 2019 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- February 5, 2019 - Board Meeting
- February 19, 2019 - Board Meeting/Workshop - This Meeting has been Cancelled - CLICK HERE TO SEE NOTICE.
- March 5, 2019 - Board Meeting
- March 19, 2019 - Board Meeting/Workshop
- April 2, 2019 - Board Adopts Proposed Budget for the 2019-2020 School Year
- April 23, 2019 - Special Meeting - Executive Session Only. CLICK HERE TO SEE NOTICE.
- April 25, 2019 (Thursday) - BOCES Budget Vote
- May 7, 2019 - Public Budget Hearing
- May 22, 2019 (Wednesday) - Canvass of the Vote and Regular Meeting
- June 4, 2019 - Board Meeting
- June 18, 2019 - Board Meeting
Board Policy Manual
All policies adopted by the Board of Education are available online. The Board Policy Committee meets throughout the school year to review, revise, and adopt district policies and regulations, as needed. The Online Policy Manual is updated whenever a new or revised policy is approved by the Board.
Introducing our New Paperless Board Agenda/Meeting Program: BoardDocs
TO ACCESS ALL BOARD AGENDAS, MINUTES OR VIDEOS FROM ANY MEETING, STARTING WITH THE JANUARY 9, 2018 MEETING, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
- Click on the link: http://www.boarddocs.com/ny/pjcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Click on the "Featured" Meeting. If wishing to access prior meeting(s), click the "+" sign next to the current year. Click on the meeting you wish to view.
- Choose your option: View Agenda, View Minutes or View Video.