All Board meetings are open to the public. Port Jervis residents are encouraged to attend the regular meetings, which are generally held twice monthly on Tuesday evenings in the high school cafeteria. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., immediately after a 6:30 p.m. executive session.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
The 2019-2020 Board meeting schedule is listed below. Agendas are added to the online schedule the Friday prior to the regularly-scheduled meetings.
In accordance with the NYS Open Meetings Law, documents scheduled to be discussed at a Board meeting, such as proposed resolutions and policies, are available to the public. The documents are linked to the online agenda. Printed copies of the agenda are also available at the Board meetings. Minutes are posted within two weeks of the Board meeting.
2019-2020 Meeting Schedule
- July 2, 2019 - Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Board Officers NOTICE OF CHANGE OF LOCATION
- July 16, 2019 - Board Meeting
- August 13, 2019 - Board Meeting/Adoption Tax Warrant
- September 3, 2019 - Board Meeting
- September 17, 2019 - Board Meeting
- October 1, 2019 - Board Meeting
- October 15, 2019 - Board Meeting
- November 12, 2019 - Board Meeting
- December 10, 2019 - Organizational Board Meeting/Election of Board Officers NOTICE OF CHANGE OF TIME
- January 21, 2020 - Board Meeting/Rollover Budget Workshop
- February 11, 2020 - Building Presentations/Board Meeting
- February 25, 2020 - Budget Workshop
- March 3, 2020 - Board Meeting/Budget Update
- March 11, 2020 - Capital Project Vote (7AM - 9PM)
- March 12, 2020 - Canvass of Capital Project Vote
- March 17, 2020 - Regular Board Meeting
pril 7, 2020March 31, 2020 - Budget Workshop - NOTICE OF CHANGE OF DATE
- April 14, 2020 - Board Meeting/Board Adopts Proposed Budget for the 2020-2021 School Year
- April 23, 2020 (Thursday) - Tenure Reception/BOCES Budget Vote
- May 5, 2020 - Public Budget Hearing/Board Meeting
- May 20, 2020 (Wednesday) - Canvass of the Vote/Board Meeting
- June 2, 2020 - Retiree Reception/Board Meeting
- June 16, 2020 - Board Meeting
Board Policy Manual
All policies adopted by the Board of Education are available online. The Board Policy Committee meets throughout the school year to review, revise, and adopt district policies and regulations, as needed. The Online Policy Manual is updated whenever a new or revised policy is approved by the Board.
Introducing our New Paperless Board Agenda/Meeting Program: BoardDocs
TO ACCESS ALL BOARD AGENDAS, MINUTES OR VIDEOS FROM ANY MEETING, STARTING WITH THE JANUARY 9, 2018 MEETING, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
- Click on the link: http://www.boarddocs.com/ny/pjcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Click on the "Featured" Meeting. If wishing to access prior meeting(s), click the "+" sign next to the current year. Click on the meeting you wish to view.
- Choose your option: View Agenda, View Minutes or View Video.