Regents & Local Exams 2019
High School Regents Exams
In keeping with NY State education standards, Port Jervis High School offers four types of Regents diplomas - Regents, Regents with Honor, Advanced Regents and Advanced Regents with Honor - and two diplomas for students with Individual Education Plans.
2019 Regents Test Schedule
Exams are canceled for Spring 2020
NYS Regents Exams: The NYS Education Department made the decision to cancel the Regents exams for this June. Our team met last week to review the memo. Here are a couple of important points:
- All students who successfully receive credit for a Regents course this year will receive credit for the corresponding Regents exam.
- Students who previously received credit for a Regents course, but who had not passed the exam, will receive credit for the exam if they were planning to retake the exam in June.
- A student who fails a Regents course, yet who passes it in summer school will receive exam credit.
- FAQ for cancellation
REGENTS EXAM SCHEDULE - Please click here to view Regents exam schedule link
LOCAL EXAM SCHEDULE - Please click here to view local exam schedule
(June 12, 13, 14, and 17) are full days of school and all students are to be in attendance for the full day
BUS SCHEDULE - Regular transportation will be provided all week. There will be no midday runs. Late buses will be provided.
LATE BUS SCHEDULE -
MONTAGUE BUS SCHEDULE -
Transportation: Regular transportation will be provided all week. Late day buses will be provided
at 3:45 p.m. THERE WILL BE NO MID DAY RUNS.
- NO CELL PHONE or other electronic devices are allowed in the testing areas.
Students are advised to to leave them at home. If a student brings such a device into the test center, a school official must take it from him/her. If the device is not turned over to a school official, the student's exam will be invalidated and he/she will get no score.
- Students must stay for 2 hours. No student will be admitted to a state exam 2 hours after the
start of that test.
- In the event of inclement weather, the exam schedule will be adjusted as follows:
District Closed - No Exams
Two-hour delay- All morning exams will begin at 9:45 a.m. All afternoon exams will begin at 1 p.m.
- In the event of a fire/fire drill, all teachers and students must exit the building. Students are to remain spread apart and no talking is allowed. All tests and test material will remain secured in the testing area.
- During the Regents exams, students attend school only during their scheduled exams.