PJMS Student Cell Phone Guidelines
Common Understanding of Cell Phones @ PJMS
We understand the power of the cell phone and all that it is and can be in today’s world. We also believe it can be a major distraction to our students in the academic setting: classrooms, hallways, home workspace, and more. The following are guidelines for success for PJMS students during our school day:
- Cell phones are to be kept in a student’s locker, Chromebook carry case, or small bag. They are NOT to be kept in their pockets in any academic space. (hallways, classrooms, library, auditorium, etc.)
- Teachers may ask students to place their cell phones in the cell phone bag during class time.
- Students will be allowed to use their cell phones appropriately during lunch periods. This is a privilege and not a right.
Absolute NO’s for cell phones in school:
- NO filming, recording or picture taking of any staff or student without 100% agreement and understanding they are being filmed/picture taken anytime, anywhere.
- NO inappropriate posting to social media sites or texting or sharing of inappropriate or obscene material.
- NO taking/touching of anyone else’s phone.
- NO threats, bullying, or inappropriate behavior/words towards others through electronic communication.
Students who violate these guidelines will not be allowed to have their cell phones with them in school and are subject to disciplinary action. Our goal is to free our students from distraction and teach appropriate use of the technology. We know the phones are not going away and we want students to be safe, kind to each other, and focused on what is in front of them, and not what is buzzing or beeping nearby. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support. These guidelines are subject to change as needed.
Mr. Marotta Mrs. Cook
Principal Assistant Principal