Project Discovery Preschool88 East Main Street, Port Jervis
Project Discovery offers a free universal pre-kindergarten program for all Port Jervis students the year prior to entering Kindergarten, and integrated preschool classes to all children with special needs.
An Easter Seals Program
This unique Easter Seals program provides special education services, including speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and counseling to special needs preschoolers within the regular education environment, while simultaneously providing a rich and stimulating preschool curriculum for general education students.
The curriculum incorporates the Easter Seals Early Childhood Development philosophy, with the Special Education goals and objectives of the Port Jervis School District. The expertise of district teachers, and the creativity of the staff at Project Discovery, bring unique and essential elements to the program.
Classrooms are bright and colorful, full of language development and language stimulation. The program promotes a nurturing atmosphere where the possibilities for student exploration and "hands-on" learning are endless.
Project Discovery also meets the needs of the community. Parent education classes, social work assistance, links to medical agencies, and nutritional counseling are important components of the program.
- Enrollment is open to children who turn 4-years-old by December 1 and children with disabilities, ages 2 1/2 to 5 years.
- Universal Pre-K program is free for all Port Jervis students the year prior to Kindergarten.
- Integrated Preschool classes are offered at no cost to families who meet income guidelines.
- Free infant, toddler, and preschool screenings are available by appointment.
- Speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and counseling are provided to
- Individualized developmental learning experiences for preschool children, ages 3-5.
- Emphasis on language development.
- Nurturing environment.
Call 858-2874 for more information or to schedule a screening for your child.
To learn more about Easter Seals Child Development philosophy on integrated Early Childhood Education, visit the Easter Seals national web site.